Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mackenzie's One Year Annivesary

Mackenzie right after transplant
Playing at our house At Abby's Princess Birthday Party
Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of Mackenzie's liver transplant. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by already. They have had their ups and downs for sure and lots of things have happened in the last year (sold their house, welcomed Kennedy, lived with Mat's parents, bought and moved into their new house and had a rejection scare). Through it all, Mat and Sarah have stayed strong and always kept positive. I remember a year ago, Eric and I were in tears praying for Mackenzie. I remember trying to explain to Abby what was going on with her friend. She didn't really understand but she did know that whatever was going on was serious because Mommy and Daddy kept crying anytime we would talk about it. Her prayers were so sweet, "Dear God, please help Mackenzie get better so I can play with her again." She was saying those same prayers again a week and a half ago when Mackenzie was in the hospital again having early rejection (which thankfully the doctors caught early and they reversed it). Mackenzie has been such a trooper through all of this. She loves to play labs and just goes with the flow!
I think this verse is very fitting for what Mat and Sarah have gone through and what they still have to conquer: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
We are praying for Mackenzie, Mat, Sarah (and Kennedy) and for the donor family that lost their child a year ago as they are grieving.
We love you Mackenzie!

1 comment:

Sarah Lemn said...

Oh man, it's is going to be an emotional roller coaster day! Thank you for being such wonderful friends! I really don't think we could have made it through the last year without you guys. I am not sure we will ever be able to tell you enough, how thankful we are for your friendship and love!