Oh my goodness! Sorry I haven't posted since mid December!
Here is a quick recap of what has happened!
Christmas- was lovely! We hung around the house and enjoyed a peaceful Christmas. We had our annual Christmas meal with our friends. The girls and Mommy and Daddy got lots of goodies.
January- Eric left for deployment in mid- January so we soaked up as much family time prior to him leaving as possible. Eric's old squadron had a mishap 2 weeks before he left so we spent a lot of time at the squadron and going to memorial services. Definitely not how we intended to spend our last bit of time together before he left, but it was important for us to be there to support the families and for Eric to have closure before he left. The girls have been handling deployment like troopers! The day after Eric left, it snowed 9 inches! So they were out of school a few days.
February- Once we got back to school, we worked on getting back into our routine and figuring out what our routine would look like until Daddy get home. Right as we were getting in the swing of things, another snowstorm happened! More school missed. I ran a 14k race over Valentines weekend. I didn't train much with all the snow and deployment happenings but my time was about 10-15 minutes faster than last year so that was encouraging. We had a Mother/Daughter Tea at church that was lots of fun too!
March- We had more snow last week and missed 2 days of school (it was the icy roads more than snow this go around). I am running a half-marathon on Sunday so that will be interesting. Thankfully we have awesome friends that are keeping the girls for me so I can do it. Eric is doing Mustache March at work so he is growing a mustache. The girls and I will be ready for that to go at the end of the month!
We are still doing really well, we get to talk to Eric often. We are almost to the 2 month mark and each girl has had one big "I miss Daddy" cry. Not too bad! I was expecting much worse. We are still hosting bible study at our house so we have things to look forward to. Abby is taking piano lessons and Maddie is still taking ballet so we stay busy! I'm still busy with church and we are starting our preparations for summer and VBS. We have a big Easter event that I'm also helping head up so we will be going full steam ahead until Eric gets back!



No comments:
Post a Comment